Featured Post

Girls Trip

What I learned from a movie. I have decided to start blogging again and this is one that was never posted. So I took myself to se...

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

He asked me what I wanted in a man.

I have been talking to a an old flame who is trying to get the fire rekindled and he decided to ask me what I wanted in a man. I half answered the question because most times when we as women are asked this question we reply like this." I want a man that is good to me and my kids if we have them. Help me pay my bills" and a few other basic responses. Once I thought about the question I realized that there was so much more to what a wanted in and from a man below you will find my response to his question. I did let him know that if he felt he was not the man for the job I ain't mad at him but if he is then he needed to paint the picture of what my life would be like with him.
I want to love again. I want a man that is God fearing and serving not a religious Bible thumper.  He will respect and love my children and I his. A man that is secure with who he is and his role in the relationship.  He has a job and enjoys it. He will be my shelter when life becomes too much for me. He will catch me when I am about to fall. When I am cold to my bones he will breathe on me until I am warm. I want him to scratch the itch in the center of my womanhood and enjoy scratching. I want to lay naked in bed and play footsies. The man for me will enjoy me and my company in and out of the bed.  He will communicate with me about us whether it is good bad or ugly. He will hold me until we are one. He will love me without regret or thought. He will be my support to be a better woman, wife, mother and friend. He will not prey on my insecurities or failures. He will respect me as his wife, lover and friend. He will ask and respect my opinion about our future.  I want him to take me dancing and traveling. When lying down at night and waking in the morning at the end of the day, through the good times and bad, heartaches and pain, disagreements and laughter he is still glad that he chose me to be his wife. All that I want for me I will be that and more for him.

1 comment:

  1. I think if more people were open and honest as to what they want in a man or a woman, then we could have more long lasting and meaningful relationships that stand the test of time.

    I am sure you will find love

    ReplyDelete