Featured Post

Girls Trip

What I learned from a movie. I have decided to start blogging again and this is one that was never posted. So I took myself to se...

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Girls Trip

What I learned from a movie.

I have decided to start blogging again and this is one that was never posted.


So I took myself to see the movie Girls Trip and I must admit it was more than I expected. The movie was hilarious, had several messages, it made me cry and a left me feeling sad and missing my own girls. I will get to all of that in a minute. I will say that it was so wonderful to see women of color portrayed in a positive manner. The married author and motivational speaker, the divorced nurse who is also single mother, the celebrity blogger, and the one that keeps the group laughing and is loyal to the end

 The movie had several scenes that will have you crying with laughter and I will not spoil them by writing about them. However I do want to talk about the messages that I got from the movie.

First lesson: Never let the fear of being alone cause you to stay in a relationship that is unhealthy, there is infidelity and no trust. Even if you are married to the lying cheating can't keep his dick in his pants man or legs closed woman.

Second lesson: Hold on to the woman you are before life happens. So many times we lose who we are at our core by putting us on the side while we tend to our jobs, careers, children, husbands, significant others, chasing wealth and success for the wrong reasons, or holding on to unhealthy people, places and things.

Third Lesson: Nurture you just as much or more as you do everyone else. Forgive quickly don't allow time and the unresolved hurt and anger push you apart. Doing so will help you not to lose out on support and making memories with those you love. 

This movie also made me sad. Sad because I have friends that I have been in friendship with for over 10, 20 and 30 years and a two from childhood. It saddens me that my own daughters will not know or experience that kind of true friendship.  That makes me sad for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment